Either read below, or download our club rules - last updated AGM May-2012
The club shall be called "Gay Bikers Motorcycle Club" (GBMCC) and is referred to in
the rules as ‘the Club’.
The main objectives of the Club shall be:
1. to promote and represent the interest of gay and lesbian motorcyclists.
2. to promote social, recreational and educational facilities for all its Members; and
3. to do any such things as may be necessary, incidental or conducive to these
The Club shall be affiliated to such organisations as shall be determined by the
members at a general meeting.
Ownership of a motorcycle shall be a condition of membership except in the case of
‘Non-Motorcycling’ membership. Membership shall otherwise be open to any person
regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or political persuasion.
a) Full Membership:
Anyone owning a motorcycle shall be eligible to join, or renew membership under this category. Full members have the following rights;
- to receive proof of current membership.
- to receive the Club magazine during the current year of membership.
- to be affiliated to other organisations to which the Club subscribes.
- to hold office as a club official.
- to vote and speak at the annual general meeting.
- to introduce or second propositions and/or nominate or second nominations for club officials.
- to participate fully in club events (local and national) subject to place availability and payment of the event fee.
- to apply to attend International events as organised by member clubs of GLME.
b) Joint Membership:
A ‘full’ or ‘Non-Motorcycling’ member may sponsor one person to this category of membership subject to payment of the membership fee.
- The person is a partner of a ‘Full’ or ‘Non Motorcycling’ Member.
- Joint members shall receive proof of current membership and shall have the rights of a full member.
c) Non-‐Motorcycling Membership:
A full member ceasing to own a motorcycle with 10+ years continuous club membership who maintains an interest in the Club may renew their membership under this category.
Non motorcycling members shall have the rights of a ‘full member’ excluding the right to attend GLME organised events.
5. Members shall be deemed to have agreed to these rules and to be bound by them and
by any changes that may be subsequently made to these rules under the provision of
6. Payment of the subscription shall be a condition of membership.
7. There shall be no dress code.
8. The Committee, may, by a majority vote, decline an application for membership or for
renewal of membership without being required to give its reasons or to refund subscription.
9. The level of the annual subscription fee for membership shall be fixed at the AGM.
10. The annual subscription fee shall be payable in full on being accepted as a member and
shall be renewed by payment every twelve months. Subscription shall be nonrefundable.
11. A member whose subscription has not been paid within two months after the sending
of a renewal reminder shall be deemed to have resigned from the Club.
12. Guest and other non-members may be admitted to the activities of the Club as decided
by the committee. The committee shall have the power to exclude any non-member
from participation in any particular activity of the Club.
13. The management of the Club other than as provided for in these rules shall be deputed
to a committee elected by the members at an AGM. It shall include eight officers
- General Secretary,
- Website/Online Officer,
- International Secretary,
- Magazine Editor, and
- Programme Co-ordinator
- together with the local Area Contacts.
14. The committee shall have the power to make, amend and repeal rules for the conduct of
its business. Five members of the committee shall constitute a quorum. At any one time
the maximum number of ‘non-motorcycling’ members of the committee (officer/area
contacts) cannot exceed two persons.
15. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held no later than the 30th day of
June each year for the purpose of receiving the report and accounts, electing the
officers and committee members, setting the annual subscription and deciding on any
resolution put to the meeting.
16. The committee shall at any time call a special general meeting of the Club upon the
written request of not less than 10% of the paid up members of the Club stating the
purpose of the meeting.
17. General meetings shall be notified to the members in writing no less than 3 weeks
before the date of the meeting together with details of any resolutions to be put to the
18. Members may vote in person, in writing or may in writing appoint another member to
attend and vote as proxy on their behalf.
19. Members may submit resolutions for consideration at AGMs or special general
meetings in sufficient time to allow them to be circulated to members in accordance
with rule 17. Nothing in this rule maybe interpreted as preventing resolution being
proposed from the floor during the course of a general meeting of the Club.
20. Amendment of The Rules
These rules or any item may added to, amended or repealed at any general meeting
provided that the proposed alteration shall be notified to members at the time of
notification of the meeting. A majority of 60% of those paid up members voting shall
be required to make alterations of these rules.
In the event of the Club being dissolved at a general meeting the committee shall
realise the assets of the Club and after discharging all liabilities, both actual and
contingent, pay the residue of the funds to any such organisation or body as shall be
determined by the members voting at a general meeting. Upon completion of such
action the Club shall be dissolved.